July 5, 2013
Programme for Strengthening of Public Institutions places a lot of effort to ensure gender equality and to mainstream gender issues in activity planning, discussions with partners, needs assessments and monitoring and evaluation.
Gender analysis -which includes concrete recommendations on ways and methods to mainstream gender in our cooperation with the partner institutions – has been carried out in 2011.
Agency for Gender Equality of Bosnia and Herzegovina has been included in development of the gender analysis and is considered an important stakeholder in efforts to mainstream gender equality in our cooperation with beneficiaries.
Some of the recommendations for gender mainstreaming that the Programme takes into account in planning and implementation of activities are:
- In communication and public relations: empower the partner institutions to use gender-sensitised language and create short gender checklists to ensure press releases and official presentations are promoting and representing gender equality and equity.
- In capacity building: include short slots on gender equality and mainstreaming relevant to the main topic in trainings; during study visits integrate short visits to examples of good gender mainstreaming in relevant field of work of public institutions; strengthen human resources management in collecting and using gender-segregated employees data.
- Facilitate the setting up of regular meetings between partner institutions and the Agency for Gender Equality of BiH as means of fostering cooperation and providing space for information exchange.
- In monitoring and evaluation: facilitate development of gender related indicators of progress.
- In IT: promote gender-friendly website environment by analysing existing web content from a gender perspective and proposing adequate changes; ensure that the databases are able to create gender-disaggregated reports that crosscut with all other database variables.
- In quality management: assist partner institutions in identifying the quality management areas that address the gender considerations (ISO standards or ISO 26000); formalising Gender Considerations and defining quality procedures for gender considerations.